- 4 Garden fresh bell peppers
- 1lb. Sweet italian sausage
- 1 c. zucchini, chopped
- 1 c. cherry tomatoes
- 1 c. cooked rice
- 1 c. cheddar cheese (optional)
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut stems off top of each bell pepper. Remove the seeds and membranes. Chop pepper surrounding stem into small pieces to use in stuffing.
- In skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until brown (10 min). Drain and set aside.
- Return skillet to heat and add onions, pepper tops, and zucchini. Saute until veggies are tender (5-8 min).
- Add rice and sausage to skillet and mix together well. Cook for an additional minute.
- Add tomatoes and gently fold in.
- Stuff peppers with sausage mixture by standing peppers upright in an ungreased 8-inch square dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Pour small amount of water into baking dish and cover with foil. Bake 30 min. Uncover and bake for another 15 min or until peppers are soft and cheese is lightly browned.